Inmarsat IsatPhone 2
INMARSAT ISATPHONE 2
Available to buy or rent
Inmarsat’s new-generation handheld satellite phone will keep you connected in the most extreme and remote locations.
- Dependable connectivity
- High voice quality
- Voicemail, text and email messaging
- Extended battery capacity
- Assistance button – sends GPS location data and
text to pre-set emergency number
- Tracking – sends location information
- Bluetooth for hands-free use
- Incoming call alerts with antenna stowed
- Ergonomic and ruggedised handset
Up to 8 hours of talk time on a single charge.
Inmarsat GSPS (or Global Satellite Phone Service) provides phone calling, short messaging (SMS), email-to-text, and 2400bps data over much of the world excluding the polar caps. Other Inmarsat solutions such as BGAN are available if high speed internet is required.
The main benefit of GSPS over other mobile satellite services is the ability to make long duration calls without unexpected call drops. It has a personal assistance button to quickly transmit a short message with your latest GPS
fix to a preset emergency contact. A personal tracking feature is also handy, sending a breadcrumb trail of GPS location reports. This can be switched off using a button on the side of the phone.
Click here for full product specs
- Fast network registration in under 45 seconds
- 8 hours of talk time and up to 160 hours standby
- Easy to use in multiple languages
- Operates over Inmarsat’s I-4 global geostationary satellites, ensuring call stability and reliable network connection
- High voice quality
- Operates at -20°C to +55°C
- Dust, splash and shock resistant (IP65, IK04)
- Humidity tolerance from 0 to 95 percent
- High-visibility, scratch-resistant transflective display readable in bright sunlight
RELIABLE SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
IsatPhone 2 operates over the global Inmarsat satellite network, which has an average network availability of 99.9 percent so you can depend on IsatPhone 2 for reliable voice connectivity, wherever and whenever you need it.